Welcome to Paradise: A quintessentially Twinkle

Title: Welcome to paradise Author: Twinkle Khanna 

Rating: ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️




The much awaited book of Twinkle Khanna, now a graduate of Goldsmith university. She returns to her trusted genre of short stories, Indian, contemporary, fiction, nostalgia, feminism. Her formula clicks every time is as she has her own unique and quirky way of looking at the world, serving nostalgia in a comical way. 




As an aspiring author, I have a tendency to reflect on the writing process of the author. Imagining and interpreting how the stories have been inspired from their own life. I believe that each story by an author is like a horocrux where the author leaves a part of his or her life. After some research I find strong female figures, drugged relatives, and 




The first story plunged me into the back story of the author. It’s probably me trying to find the characters and their motivations. Khanna has a complex backstory by the tabloids coming from a filmy family, drama is inevitable. Apparently her uncle was a drug addict, so her story felt real and authentic. I am sure most us imagination but a big part is inspiration and the authors interpretation. 




The second story of catfishing is a cute one. I have never done it but what sense of freedom, imagination and morality. 




The third story, was the aeging tale of a woman and the city of Bombay. The hanging gardens, revolving restaurant, vada pav, Sea Rock, the race course, and others. Only someone who has lived and left Bombay can understand the romance. It’s your past and it belongs to you. There were imprints of Khanna’s own love for Bombay the city she calls home and Panchgani school where she studied. Euthanisea is a complex subject but being old is not easy. I do not fear so much unless u can keep writing and thinking. But like everyone, I would like to go in my sleep. 








Comments

Popular Posts