Eating Animals

A life long vegeterian (Minus the eggs), I have struggled to accept people’s non chalence to eating animals. The simple act of violence, slavery to taste, mental block, indirect cruelty and many other perspectives have angered me. 

Till I became a mother and my own daughter wants chicken and bacon all the time. Sometimes I wonder it’s if her taste or just a rebellion against her mother. However this book helps to put across my points with patience and perspective. It’s true it’s like smoking for people. They know it’s wrong but you do it for peers or addiction. Growing up a Hindu vegetation is inculcated into my life since childhood. Living in Scandinavia and travelling abroad I saw how prevalent non veg is in the world. 
Despite having good food and non violent choices people still won’t change their behaviours. I am thankful for my culture and bringing up that I don’t have to make such choices. But I struggle reasoning with my daughter. May be one day when she grows up she will make her choices. Or may be if I stop fighting and show her the reality and allow her to make her choices. 





























Comments

Popular Posts