Everything I know about love






Female friendships leave indelible marks on our lives, like mothers and sisters they are core to our soul! 


A perfect title to a perfect story. A coming of age tale of a woman. She has self destructive tendencies and eventually looses her Childhood friend. You know you have grown up when you start loosing friends.  


It’s rare a friend that has stayed with me from school to university to work. I have made new friends with every start. Few carried forwards but most left behind. Everything I know about love is a finely aged friendship of fourteen years which comes crumbling with mean things said. Probably some friendships become like dying stars with loosing its shine. They no longer become comfort places just formalities as you speak once in a while. There is something in them but you can’t put your finger to it. 


Those friendships which knew everything about you. How your day went? Your latest crush. Your bad bosses or evil people. You’re demanding parents. Your other friends. Petty jealousies and conflicts. Little secretes, big drama. The childhood nostalgia and the adult reality. Careers and sustainence.  Love and marriages. Moving towns and chasing dreams. Failed relationships and bad decisions. 


Only some friendships succeed the test of time. You don’t move when you are ready. You move when you have outgrown them. Some friendships are worth leaving behind. Probably they were nothing but mutual needs and relevant for certain times or situations. 


Enjoy the quirks of Maggie. She is a Lolita on drugs. The only thing is she comes from a good home and parents. So no psychoanalysis these are just self destructive  tendencies. Sounds very personal. I like how she is a go getter and straight talker. But she is kind. Also a beautiful girl. She has brown eyes which also reminded me for my own eyes. Again personal. 


This is how one identifies with the character. So this show will always be personal because I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have lost many friendships over the years. The two from my childhood school with whom I played with dolls. The one from Dad’s circle with whom I read stories and played tonnes of games. The BF in school which turned into a scandal. The BF in college which made a Boyfriend and her life changed for good. I think this is the story that comes closest to this book. Well not all are BFs for forever, some come for a reason,  and some for a season. 

Comments

Popular Posts