Copenhagen Bibliotek




Copenhagen has been our home over 2 years. There is a part of us which will always miss our small big home on Slalsgade which I still can’t pronounce. More than that I miss the Copenhagen public library or bibliotek at Oesterbro, our happening area. 


The English fiction corner was a small area but their collection was still fabulous. I have discovered such amazing English authors from around the world. Such amazing collection and different subjects. Unfortunately I couldn’t read Danish fiction but English itself kept me quite busy. The process of borrowing is super simple, attached to a resident’s all powerful Yellow card. And I became the girl in a candy shop. πŸ₯°πŸ­πŸ¬πŸ«πŸͺ


Check out the read list here: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/2327087?shelf=copenhagen-library&sort=date_added&order=d


Solo  

An Indian English author Rana Dasgupta and his amazing book Solo. I particularly fell in love with the book cover. 


Japanese fiction 

‘Hotel on the Center of Bitter and Sweet’ is a Japanese American World war 2 love story, based on the racial discrimination faced by Japanese post the Pearl Harbor attack. While Ms Ice sandwich was a fun light read πŸ˜Œ


British fiction 

Then I got to read some amazing urban British fiction - Strange city, Notting Hill Carnival  


Short story collection

‘The coffee shop book’ club, you know how I love books only next to book clubs. I loved reading it but I couldn’t finish the ‘Dancing Girl and other stories’ by Margaret wood. Her quotes inspire me so much but I couldn’t read her literature. 


Middle eastern fiction 

Strangely there was much Middle East fiction in English. Also much lacking in Indian bookshops or minds - 

  • Short stories by ‘Arab women writers’ across Middle East countries 
  • A banned book ‘In praise of hatred’ from Syria. It also helped me tick one on my bucket list to read a banned one. I do have Rushdie’s banned book but I never got to it 
  • ‘And the mountains echoed’, another gem from Khalid Housseni. 
  • ‘Exit west’, by Mohsin Hamid in Pakistan 
  • ‘Cairo Modern’ about the youth in the 1960s Egypt and their political aspirations 
  • ‘Secret son’, about a struggling illegitimate son from a Moroccan slum searching for identity and father’s love 

Oh my then there were so many books that I couldn’t get to. What with cooking, and all other tasks around the house. If I had a library like that I would have loved to 

Attachment.png

Comments

Popular Posts