Times Literary Carnival 2011, Mumbai


Date: 2 - 4 Dec 2011
Place: Mehboob Studios, Bandra, Mumbai
Time: 10:30 am onwards

Times of India brings you an opportunity to meet some of the popular authors of our times at one place. I am not sure if it is one of the 'Aman ki Asha' initiatives but it surely covers popular authors from both India and Pakistan.

I can count many authors on the list, who I have read and liked.  
  1. Mohammed Hanif - The Case of Exploding Mangoes
  2. Namita Devidayal - The Music Room
  3. Siddharth Dhanvant Shanghavi - Last Song of Dusk, The Lost Flamingos of Bombay
  4. Amish Tripathi  - Trilogy of 'The Immortals of Meluha'
  5. Anuja Chauhan - The Battle of Bittora
  6. Vikram Chandra - Love and Longing in Bombay, Sacred Games, Red Earth and Pouring Rain

There are also performances by Cyrus Broacha and Raghu Dixit. You can see some bollywood too with Kareena Kapoor in discussion with her fitness trainer. Upcoming breed of Bollywood Directors who are challenging the traditional films and scripts - Anurag Kashyap, Mira Nair, Zoya Akhtar, Ayan Mukherjee, and Vikramaditya Motwane. There are book reading sessions, specials on cricket, bollywood, lyricism, cookery and workshops on art and craft, Calligraphy, 'how to tell a good true story', and 'Make your own paper'.

So much rolled into one - debates, discussions, readings, comedy, music, cooking, story telling and story writing.
But the session that I am most excited about is 'Is Lyricism Dead?' You know why because it has my favorite lyricist and writer 'Gulzar' and that is what he is discussing with Prasoon Joshi and Swanand Kirkire. I will be there like a starry eyed girl wanting one look of my favorite bollywood star. I will carry his book to get his name penned and treasure it always. Only if I could get an opportunity to do that.

You can register for free here. Looking forward to see you there.

<<Image Credit: From timesliterarycarnival website>>

Comments

  1. The event sounds like a dream come true. Wish I could be there(if only wishes were horses).Lucky you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only want to see Gulzar sahib.. once in person in my lifetime.. If you want to meet some one tell me I will go and meet them on your behalf. Probably get a book signed in your name..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go and have a ball,it's fine but thanks for offering :) Do meet the great Gulzar and tell me how the experience and the overall event was.
    Cheers !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup just 24 hrs to go.. I am so waiting.. what if I can't even get close to him.. forget abt ever talkin to him...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Neha
    So what happened? Did you get to meet him?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shekhar - I only went for Gulzar's event. It was as expected - meaningful and beautiful lyrics shared. Will update soon on the blog.

    @ Sujata - I met him and got my book signed. But there were so many people crowding around him I couldn't talk to him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts